Rousey in 34 seconds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's why they need to change the weigh in's for the same day

"Before Ronda became famous she fought at 145lbs. When she fought in Judo competitions she competed at close to 160lbs. She had to cut much weight to make 160! In those days when not training Ronda’s walking around weight ballooned up to 180lbs."

It's really no different than any other wrestler, boxer, mma fighter cutting pounds to make a desired weight.
If Cyborg can cut they should fight at a catch weight of 140.
I think Ronda is in peak form right now and Cyborg is past her prime.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal about 5 or 10 pounds. Look at the smaller heavy-weights like Couture, Crocop, Randleman, Shamrock, Fedor.....did they ever complain about fighting an opponent that had 30-50 pounds on them.

I would enjoy having Rhonda put a triangle on me.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rousey needs to either learn to fight like a boxer, or she needs to not try to fight like a boxer and get after Holm the Rousey Way.

I love Ronda Rousey, but a stand-up boxing match is not her way, and the Holm fight really exposed that weakness. In her next fight against Holm, Rousey needs to wrap her up, grab her wrist, and pull on her arm until Holm submits or the arm goes out of place at the shoulder, elbow and wrist, whichever comes first. That is the Rousey Way.

If Rousey wants to do the stand-up boxing match, she needs to do a lot of training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom