Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon vs Toyota Tacoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 2015 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon? Would you consider buying one over a Toyota Tacoma? Especially considering the Taco is about to get an update in 2016?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. Over 200,00 on my Taco. Bought with 11 miles on it. Two sets of front brake pads. Zero breakdowns. Dealership still calls wanting it for their used lot.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be more constructive. Comparing the previous GMC Canyon to a Tacoma is ridiculous. Like comparing a Taurus to a Sig. You get the idea. Things are changing though. Toyotas aren't what I love anymore. They're complicated and big. You can't go wrong with a Tacoma and no matter what you'll end up ahead financially just because the resale value will be so much further ahead. I don't know what that new truck has to offer though.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be more constructive. Comparing the previous GMC Canyon to a Tacoma is ridiculous. Like comparing a Taurus to a Sig. You get the idea. Things are changing though. Toyotas aren't what I love anymore. They're complicated and big. You can't go wrong with a Tacoma and no matter what you'll end up ahead financially just because the resale value will be so much further ahead. I don't know what that new truck has to offer though.
Yup. Mine is an 07. First gens are way higher quality. I will never buy a new Toyota truck again. New generation will be worse yet. Probably still hold value better than a Chevy compact tho.

First gen Tacos are the perfect small truck. Well, a diesel Hilux is better, but weren't sold here.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. Mine is an 07. First gens are way higher quality. I will never buy a new Toyota truck again. New generation will be worse yet. Probably still hold value better than a Chevy compact tho.

First gen Tacos are the perfect small truck. Well, a diesel Hilux is better, but weren't sold here.

What changed from 1st gen to 2nd gen? Are they not reliable anymore in your opinion?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure. I like the simple older trucks. They're like refined tractors. That's how I see them. Incredibly strong and reliable and you can put them through hell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom