No more AR-15s available at Walmart?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another political move. If you think guns don't make money, try selling groceries.

The difference being that 100% of the population uses groceries on a daily basis (and has to replace them), while a smaller segment of the population buys guns, which are durable and rarely need replacement. A 1-2% profit margin can add up when your entire inventory turns over every week; when you sell one item per week, it's taking up valuable floor space that could be used for other stuff. It's a combination of margin and frequency; if margin and frequency are both declining, it's time to find a new product.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another political move. If you think guns don't make money, try selling groceries.

I see this as a little of both, well yes this might be a political move, but this may backfire once again. Any move that puts more arms, especially EBR into the hands of more people, strengthens the RKBA movement.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I passed on the Surefire even at half price. I have a couple of high end Surefire Defenders LED etc. but Fenix win the bang for buck in "my opinion" and I don't cry so much if it gets lost/stolen. I bought a Colt LE 6920 at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago and it is every bit the same rifle as the one I bought from my LGS. I think the reason Wal-Mart is pulling the tacti-cool stuff is that the rush is over. They sold what they were going to and now they need the space for things that turn much faster. I'm guessing they sell ten+ 870 shotguns for every AR now that things have calmed down. I bet they will wind up with zero tactical gear and a Bushy or DPMS still in the rotation at some stores.

They didn't have a single baseball in either of the Stillwater stores this week. Now that's a real conspiracy in the making!! Good thing Academy just opened; they have both ARs and baseballs!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son bought the last Mossberg 500 tactical at the Idabel WalMart last Friday. $279.00. Shot it Saturday, not as slick as it could be, but working the action a bunch will smooth it out. Sweet shooting shotgun though. I never thought much about recoil pads until, after shooting his, I picked up my '87 with a plastic buttstock. Recoil pads DO make a difference. And the '87 is a heavier gun.
My son missed the first four or five clays I through, I told him to put the butt just a bit higher on his shoulder, he hit about 20 straight after that.

Anyway, the clerk told us it was a corporate decision due to pressure from anti-gunners. Since they don't make much from gun sales anyway, the decision didn't hurt them that much. Kinda like the airlines refusing to carry African trophy animals anymore. That's probably way less than one percent of total sales, or total passengers.

They still had one Mossberg semi-auto tactical for $399.00. I was tempted, but decided not to. I like my old SXS 16 gauge better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom