Night predator coyote hunting setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will never truly thin a population by calling. I trapped a farm that had all experience levels of calling done(including myself) on it for a couple months and about 6 were killed. I set 18 traps and caught 24 in three weeks.
Exactly! It's very difficult for some people to grasp this concept but it's true. Trapping is a continual process also. It's not a one time effort if a person truly wants to control a coyote population.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You will never truly thin a population by calling. I trapped a farm that had all experience levels of calling done(including myself) on it for a couple months and about 6 were killed. I set 18 traps and caught 24 in three weeks.

Bingo, nothing like "hunting" 24/7 only you don't have to be there for more than just a few minutes at a time.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets stay on topic. The goal is sucessful coyote extermination without spooking the deer and getting neighbors riled or running afoul of regulations. To that end someone suggested I work with that those tail flickers work good with a caller. Anyone ever use one that had good results with a decent unit who will share the model # ?

Sent via my Android phone.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are talking about a decoy? For coyotes I never use one. You will scare off more than you will call in this time of year. You will have better success without a decoy.
Like I said before, if you have a serious coyote problem you will need a trapper. Calling coyotes is never the answer to problem coyotes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom