Broadhead Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My daughter will be shooting somewhere around 38-40lbs by October 1. Shots will be 15y or less. I've not really kept up will broadheads the last couple of years...........lot's of new stuff out there. Suggestions? G5's are a no go, deadly but haven't bleed well for me.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I prefer to fixed blade for her, and I've got a bunch of various models of fixed blades from shooting longbow forever. They're all 160gr or heavier and was looking for something lighter.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I prefer to fixed blade for her, and I've got a bunch of various models of fixed blades from shooting longbow forever. They're all 160gr or heavier and was looking for something lighter.

The Steelforce come in 100 and 125. They are four blade, cut on contact, razor sharp down to the tip. The tip looks long and I was worrying about it bending over if I hit a bone. I have killed a few deer with them and I can tell you that is no longer a concern at all. The last one I shot went right through the shoulder blade, left a beautiful cross shaped hole in the bone. Had complete pass through and stuck in the dirt about 4". Once I dug out the arrow, the blade was barely even dulled. I couldn't believe it. Probably wouldn't believe it if I was on the other side of this post reading it. I have no financial or other interest in Steelforce. I am simply a very satisfied customer.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Muzzy #209's. I get 100gr in 4 blade in a six pack for about $30-35. Then I can buy practice blades online for them. Very simple setup but has worked well for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom