WW1 shooter for PC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you game on PC, try this game! It is called Verdun and is perhaps the only one of its kind...
And look me up on Steam...Ironbow91.
Realistic WW1 weapons and unique objective gameplay focused around attack/counterattack cycle of trenchlines make this game really unique. There's gas and all the old milsurps you could want. Having good teammates also helps out, being alone makes you dead faster here.

[Broken External Image]

Attack on hill 102 at Aisne. Popped up for a peek and then put my head down before a 7.92mm took it out. Notice the sweet SMLE.

[Broken External Image]

Germans assaulting the Tommy trench at Picardie. I died soon after with my Webley at my side.

[Broken External Image]

The depressing hellscape of Paaschendaale aka Ypres.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The graphics look good! Is this like Doom or Duke Nukem, where you run around picking up ammo and health kits and the like?

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The graphics look good! Is this like Doom or Duke Nukem, where you run around picking up ammo and health kits and the like?

No ammo or health dumps. Any rifle is one shot kill. Pistols are about the only thing that doesn't kill you fast. You have to keep your head down and use cover when advancing across no-man's land.

Last edited:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When do the mimics and Full Metal ***** show up?

You can only talk with your squad of 4. If you join a higher rank squad they normally have mikes and work together to win. Just got fighting an insane close quarters combat in Argonne. Our line was getting rushed by about 8 Germans at a time with omnly 3 defenders in that portion. I was firing the SMLE as fast as I could.
It is a pretty niche and hardcore game, all the CODers whine out. I haven't heard anyone being annoying yet.
It is extremely squad-based and you are rewarded for playing with people you've played with before and succeeding at it.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Playable squads:
Canadians (grenades and gas)
Tommies (Lewis MG and mortars)
Poilus French Regulars (artillery)
Chasseurs French Scouts (accurate rifles and forward spawns)

Landsers German Regulars (snipers and mortars)
Sturmstrusse Stormtroopers (Bergmann SMG)
I don't play the Central Powers much...I prefer the Enfield to all other weapons

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

More Picardie from a Tommie NCO.

[Broken External Image]

One of the 10,000s of casualties that day, a dead Landser NCO.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can only talk with your squad of 4. If you join a higher rank squad they normally have mikes and work together to win. Just got fighting an insane close quarters combat in Argonne. Our line was getting rushed by about 8 Germans at a time with omnly 3 defenders in that portion. I was firing the SMLE as fast as I could.
It is a pretty niche and hardcore game, all the CODers whine out. I haven't heard anyone being annoying yet.
It is extremely squad-based and you are rewarded for playing with people you've played with before and succeeding at it.

It looks cool, wish I could play FPS games, but they make me sick every time.

As for the mimics and full metal *****, I was making a joke about the Tom Cruise movie "Edge of Tomorrow", Uma Thurman played a character nicknamed "FMB", and the aliens were called mimics.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool... I always liked the more realistic FPS games. I really liked the Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear games on PC way back when, where there is no "respawning," no healing, no superhumanly fast running, there are realistic weapons and stats, they do somewhat realistic damage, and being wounded has somewhat realistic effects on your accuracy and movement. There isn't much like that out there anymore. I guess the game play was too slow paced for most people, judging by the type of FPS games that have taken over the marketplace. I guess it did always suck getting killed at the start of the match and having to sit there watching everybody else play, especially if it was some kind of long drawn-out sniper battle or something... but that made the stakes high enough where people would use more realistic tactics, instead of just charging into the fray over and over like everybody does on the COD type games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom