WW1 shooter for PC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool... I always liked the more realistic FPS games. I really liked the Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear games on PC way back when, where there is no "respawning," no healing, no superhumanly fast running, there are realistic weapons and stats, they do somewhat realistic damage, and being wounded has somewhat realistic effects on your accuracy and movement. There isn't much like that out there anymore. I guess the game play was too slow paced for most people, judging by the type of FPS games that have taken over the marketplace. I guess it did always suck getting killed at the start of the match and having to sit there watching everybody else play, especially if it was some kind of long drawn-out sniper battle or something... but that made the stakes high enough where people would use more realistic tactics, instead of just charging into the fray over and over like everybody does on the COD type games.

This one does have respawn, but it seems to emphasize the futility of doing stupid stuff like open charges across fields (that they really did in WW1). You learn to stay down. In addition, they are only 4 squads from each team on the map. And only one sniper per squad, so a max of 4 snipers per team (usually only 2 or 3), so there isn't sniper trolling too bad. Some players can hit you from across the map with iron sights though.
One of the coolest features is shells close by will make your ears ring, making hearing your squad in chat impossible. Also, bullets close by will "rattle" you, make the screen go blurry and gray. It makes it very hard to stay up in fire. This makes covering fire effective if coordinated properly.

PS...I really really want a Lee-Enfield rifle now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom