Can anyone identify this bird of prey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Territorial and are not shy about buzzing or making contact with your scalp............ :)
This! If you get too close to the tree they're nesting in, they will make a pass at you. And they know enough to make that pass from behind you! They can scare the crap out of a guy. And, while migatory, they very often return to the very same nesting tree year after year.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of you goobers have a clue, NO WAY that is a Kite, it does not have a string tied to it. :)

They are a lot of fun to watch, my son and I saw one go after a sparrow. The sparrow was running for its life and went into the bamboo we have. The Kite turned on it's side and passed through the bamboo, was the craziest thing we have ever seen.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um, yeah, speaking of bald guys, I've had one 'part' my hair ... what's left of it. We had some that regularly took over trees near the control tower at the Air Force Base. The warning went out every year to avoid the area when they were nesting. I guess I got a little too close one time. I felt him brush the top of my head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom