Illegal Immigration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there's specific laws for actual refugees seeking asylum, and it's important to state policies about them with certain conflicts like the one in Yemen right now. Of course, you could argue a good portion of the people coming over the Southern border are refugees fleeing a decades-long conflict that has killed more Mexican civilians than Iraq and Afghanistan combined, but I won't go there.

Also, nearly 100% of the people coming from the Middle East will be doing so by plane, so it's easier to enforce policy on them than it is people crossing the Mexican border on foot.

catering to a large part of the legal US demographic is ridiculous? Why isn't it just good business to advertise/post signs in the two most popular languages in the area?

Bet you anything that if he went to a foreign country where English is seldom spoken, and saw signs in English, he wouldn't start bitching about how their country is catering to a minority.

Fact is, when a certain percentage of a business' income is from a certain demographic, it literally pays to cater to them. It's almost like ed hates Capitalism and the freedom of a business to choose who it caters to :rolleyes:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three reasons spring to mind:

1. They can't just walk over, so they're easier to control.

2. The Dems don't really care because they know Latinos vote very, very Democratic. Even if the "illegals" can't vote (even though some probably do), their children certainly will.

3. The Repubs don't really care because those folks (the south of the border Latinos) will work hard for little money. Good for business.

Not saying I agree with this, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
catering to a large part of the legal US demographic is ridiculous? Why isn't it just good business to advertise/post signs in the two most popular languages in the area?

If you support the fragmentation of our society and the inability of the two largest demographic groups to effectively communicate with each other, I guess it's just peachy? :anyone:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a poor, generally uneducated, immigrant class escaping poverty and crime who speak differently. They will work in many jobs considered low-class or extremely blue-collar. They are generally Catholic and are associated with crime in popular media.
In the 1800s they are the Irish, in the 2000s they are the Mexicans/Central Americans. Seriously, learn some Spanish, its coming...

Latest posts

Top Bottom