dealing with hatred

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying not to judge, but your attitude is childish and immature. Who gives a fat flying fluck if you don't like your wife's family, this isn't about you. Man up and put your petty ego on the back burner and support your wife, you don't have to kiss anyone's a$$, but you don't have to be a prick either. Here's a thought, avoid topics that you disagree with her family about, they are trolling you in real life.

My suggestion is to visit with a therapist or a minister and get some help coping with YOUR issues.

Best advice on here. There are 3 sides to every story. Your side, her side, and the truth. I guarantee you BOTH sides are doing things to make the situation worse instead trying to get along and fix things.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I tell my 8 year old (who has lately been repeating it back to his old man) "You are the only person that can control you! You can't control anyone else. Live a good life!" That is all. Good luck!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pack some things and move into the unoccupied apartment a 1/4 mile down the road! .
it's a senior assisted living apartment their rules wont allow someone else staying there.

anyway we had a good talk last night and my wife has agreed to take care of her mother as much as possible at her own apartment and I have agreed to stop being a DICK.........we'll see

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally Saddlebum none of us can tell you how to live your life, or even how to cope. We can simply offer our suggestions and or thoughts. Mine for you is this....not sure if you are a religious man but sit down and pray, meditate, go fishing and have some time to yourself. From that point you should have a path forward.

my suggestion just hearing what you have to say is this....set ground rules. I know this is hard since they have already been coming to your house. Maybe find a bedroom that you can make into your mancave and for you to escape and not be bothered.

Does your MIL have any other place to go to?

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
it's a senior assisted living apartment their rules wont allow someone else staying there.

anyway we had a good talk last night and my wife has agreed to take care of her mother as much as possible at her own apartment and I have agreed to stop being a DICK.........we'll see

Should be easy. Each sibling get certain days a week. They wanna be there and all...

bahammer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saddlebum, I think you need to be selfish. Let me explain, if you were to die tomorrow (heaven forbid) those asshats in your house would just shrug and ask who was buying dinner now. They are immaterial in every sense, except you have to deal in some way with them. I don't want you look back at this time when you are on your deathbed and say " I wish I spent more time and energy being pissed off at these Jackasses" They aren't worth it Use that energy for you and your wife. God Bless

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Now wasn't that easy? Just kiddin'. You've made a start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom