dealing with hatred

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were there other options to bringing her to your home? Can anyone foot the bill for a nursing home? Why don't some of the other kids step in and help?

she could pay for the nursing home herself.she has a very nice apt. 1/4 mile from my house where she actually lives in a senior only community. but when she has a pain or doesn't feel right she calls and my wife runs and gets her.for the last month she has been here 6-7 days a week. the other siblings couldn't be bothered to spend their money on anything,hence letting me fix their stuff for free or at my expense.i became an ******* when I refused to do it any longer

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had people in my life that just totally annoyed me, but I learned that it really wasn't worth the agravation. It sometimes takes more effort to be nice, but it is always worth it. I have had drivers do something in the morning drive that pissed me off all day, and then I finally understood that they probably had no idea that they had made me mad, and certainly were not ruining their day thinking about me. Life is just so much more enjoyable when we forget the "macho" crap and just accept people the way they are.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time to flip the tables and drive them mad by killing them with kindness. They will either go berserk trying to figure out what you are up to or see your point.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to flip the tables and drive them mad by killing them with kindness. They will either go berserk trying to figure out what you are up to or see your point.

Disagree... this doesn't work, if you're trying to accomplish something. Be kind for being kinds' sake, if that is the kind of person you are or want to be. Trying to be kind to cause other people to change their behavior will leave you tired, broke and frustrated.

Personally, I've cut out 90+% of the people in my life. I seldom go out or interact with people. I just can't stand to be around most of the people out there these days... much rather be in my own home, drinking my own Scotch, being with my immediate family.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just let jet go. I do t hate anyone. Never have. I dislike my wife's ex a lot but that's because he used to beat her and mentally abuse her. But never would I hate him or do anything to him.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say get past it. Maybe you are an *******...? I'm a good person in my opinion but I'm also aware I can be an ass. It is what it is and if I held a grudge against everyone that considered me an ******* I'd have to go hermit to avoid them.

If you're going to be miserable either way, you may as well play nice and save your marriage the grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm from a law enforcement family and very conservative, they are very anti law enforcement,very liberal and we have had heated disagreements over such things
now THAT I can understand...being a retired cop myself, MIL and FIL never forgave ME for not towing the party line when my BIl was arrested and CONVICTED for burglary 1st degree. He was guilty as sin and I told them so......

Latest posts

Top Bottom