I don't own a single 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am an avid shooter, have a safe full of guns, and not a single one of them is a 9mm. I don't have anything against the caliber, I just haven't found a 9mm that I wanted that wasn't available in 40. I'm not saying that 40 is better, I just like to stay as caliber specific as possible. Currently all of my pistols are either 22, 380, 40, 45, 38, 357, 410 or 44mag. Anyone else in the same boat? Own a plethora of handguns and not a single one is chambered in the most common centerfire pistol cartridge? This was just an AH HA moment...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in your same position until wife decided she wants to start CC. Rented several guns for her to play with so now there is a 9mm sig in the safe.
Gearing up to start reloading that caliber too.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm the pistol calibers i have sitting in the safe consist of 22,25acp,32s&w,380acp,9mm,38s&w,38spl,357mag,40, 45acp and 45colt.
I think that is all of them without going to look.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in your same position until wife decided she wants to start CC. Rented several guns for her to play with so now there is a 9mm sig in the safe.
Gearing up to start reloading that caliber too.

Wait??...Why is it in the safe....?.... ;)

Being The most popular caliber, I think having one in the stable is....Necessary

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bunch of 9s but I don't have a single .40 or .380. Im on a budget so I would rather have my money in a whole bunch of 1 caliber ammo than a decent amount of many calibers. Nothing wrong with not having a 9 but of you do decide to get one a CZ75b would be a great place to start.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a bunch of different calibers. Then I decided to get rid of all except .22, 9mm and 223/556. I keep .22 as my survivalist caliber. I use 9mm for my daily carry and 9mm rifles (SBR/and full sized). Then 223/556 for SHTF. By consolidating, I'm now able to keep enough ammo on hand that I won't have to worry about shortages.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alot of mine i dont have much ammo for, they are guns that people bring me needing money and i get them cheap so cant really say no to a cheap gun when someone is hard up for cash and before someone says im a bad guy for giving less than a gun is worth i let them set the price i just say yes or no. And usually its people i know and work with and if they want it back later when they get on their feet i let them have it for what i gave them for it.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a bunch of different calibers. Then I decided to get rid of all except .22, 9mm and 223/556. I keep .22 as my survivalist caliber. I use 9mm for my daily carry and 9mm rifles (SBR/and full sized). Then 223/556 for SHTF. By consolidating, I'm now able to keep enough ammo on hand that I won't have to worry about shortages.

This is me. Ammo commonality is a valuable asset. Only other caliber is a .38 snubby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom