How often do you pay too much for a gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever get excited seeing a gun you don't need but because you don't see it often, make an offer without actually researching the value? I'm leaving in about 30 minutes to drive a little over an hour one way to pick up a gun I don't need, have no use for, and am possibly paying too much for. :smash:

A fool and his money and all that...

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. I usually research something way too long, until I get all worked up. Then I buy. I know I don't need it. Usually a top of the line grail gun. Then I shoot it a couple times, baby the hell out of it.....and finally when I'm done admiring it, I sell it. Done that more times than I can count. I figure even if I lose a little money, I get to shoot something very cool. Life is short though...why not have fun.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. I usually research something way too long, until I get all worked up. Then I buy. I know I don't need it. Usually a top of the line grail gun. Then I shoot it a couple times, baby the hell out of it.....and finally when I'm done admiring it, I sell it. Done that more times than I can count. I figure even if I lose a little money, I get to shoot something very cool. Life is short though...why not have fun.
If you ever pick up gen 3, OD green GLOCK 21 send me a message when you're ready to sell it! [emoji2]

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always research value of a gun.

But, my BIL was selling an SW M&P and I bought it w/o researching the value. I got screwed. This was the only/last time.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on who I'm buying from. I tend to pay more than I should for stuff I get from you guys in the OSA Marketplace.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure! If it makes you happy, you will be happy. If you're buying it from me - we're both happy!!!

I have a really nice 1950 vintage 721 Remington rifle in .30-06 with a Weaver K-4 scope that I drove about 75 miles to buy a few years ago for $500. Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Cedar Creek

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you ever pick up gen 3, OD green GLOCK 21 send me a message when you're ready to sell it! [emoji2]

Funny you say that. The biggest loss I've ever had on a gun was a Glock 21SF. Was the biggest POS I've ever shot. After having it "fixed" twice I sold it to a pawn shop just to get rid of it. Granted that gun was a total fluke, but I haven't shot another Glock since. Now, if you're looking for a Sig 320, I might have a gun for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom