Father of Murder Victim Will Campaign For Gun Control, After He Buys One

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If that is the #1 takeaway you get from that article, you have some serious issues you need to work through. JB.. **** like this is why the site is going to Hades!

Didn't get past that sentence. So, yeah that was my one, and only, take away. Sorry (just in case you miss the sarcasm, I'm not really sorry) that my opinion causes you such distress. Hope you have a fainting couch close by.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't get past that sentence. So, yeah that was my one, and only, take away. Sorry (just in case you miss the sarcasm, I'm not really sorry) that my opinion causes you such distress. Hope you have a fainting couch close by.

Since the article was about another anti-gun crusader, your inability to get past the first sentence says more about you and your intolerance than your opinion of the host site. ;)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The poor man is overcome with grief, and at this point I don't want to cast any stones at him. I do believe, though, that he is being manipulated by those who have gun control as an agenda. Something similar happened with Sarah Brady, where she signed on with gun control in part just to make a paycheck, since her husband was no longer able to work.

Let's give Old Dad a few weeks of respectful peace and a chance to think a bit more clearly.
I feel bad for the family but I am not gonna sit here and cut him any slack because of his grief. I can say right now that if my son was murdered by some nut with a gun I wouldn't be campaigning for stricter gun control. I know grief messes with people but still. I am not an idiot that actually believes having stricter gun control would actually make us safer. Obviously this guy is. And so was Sarah Brady. To think stripiping good people of their rights will actually cause less gun crime is pathetic. You have to be dumber than dumb to believe that.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The quote that sticks with me is that he, "just wants to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people - somehow there has to be a way."

Obviously there isn't a way beyond what is already being done. Plus this murderer was not insane. He was quite rational.

Compare the father of the reporter's statement to that of the husband of the woman who was being interviewed. He said that, "the gun wasn't the problem but rather the person. That person would have used a knife or a machete just as easily." My hat is off to that guy. Let's focus on him and ignore the other one till he either comes to his senses or the media gets tired of him.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am hoping that some one will apply their excellent literary skills and compare the recent family slaying in BA and the Labor Commisioner murder with those who believe all that is needed is to have "universal background checks" or some other bumper sticker form of gun control.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least Tim Gardner(victim's husband) gets it right!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/28/air-shooting-survivor-vicki-gardner-dodged-bullets-during-wdbj7-attack
On-Air Shooting Survivor Dodged Attacker's Bullets, Her Husband Says
Aug 28, 2015 // 9:39am

...“He was bound and determined to try to make a name for himself on live TV because he failed at it so many times,” Tim said. “So no, I don’t blame the gun, I blame the guy that was holding the gun.”...

Somebody understands it.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, no. Character is still character even in grief.

The poor man is overcome with grief, and at this point I don't want to cast any stones at him. I do believe, though, that he is being manipulated by those who have gun control as an agenda. Something similar happened with Sarah Brady, where she signed on with gun control in part just to make a paycheck, since her husband was no longer able to work.

Let's give Old Dad a few weeks of respectful peace and a chance to think a bit more clearly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom