NPR Contributor Attempts to Cover Up Australian Mass Shootings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aren't people with serioius mental problems(also associated drug problems, IMHO) the real causal factor in the majority of the shootings? Sounds like Lombrozo is also doing the lib "divert" maneuver/gambit.

http://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2015/08/31/436264866/is-gun-violence-due-to-dangerous-people-or-dangerous-guns
Is Gun Violence Due To Dangerous People Or Dangerous Guns?
August 31, 2015 8:37 AM ET
Tania Lombrozo

..."By focusing respondents' attention on serious mental illness as a causal factor," the authors write, "messages about gun restrictions for persons with serious mental illness may lead the public to see mass shootings as isolated events, perpetrated by a small group of individuals, which gun control policy cannot prevent."...

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tania Lombrozo is a psychology professor at the University of California, Berkeley.

She flaunts her position as a psychologist to promote incorrect information and her subjective opinions. Then she refuses to admit her error. In doing so she degrades her profession.

I was asked in another thread if I have a "beef" with psychologists. Whenever they wrap themselves in their credentials and start propagandizing, I do. I am especially leery of psychologists being used as a tool by governments to justify the suppression of rights or in extreme cases to put political opponents into mental hospitals. The latter hasn't happened here but it is possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom