Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you disagree with the legal requirements of your job, the only acceptable action is to resign and find a new job. I understand her objections and in some part agree with her, she is now wrong.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if a Jewish or Muslum health inspector in that same KY county could deny a BBQ restaurant a license to open based on his religious beliefs against the consumption of pork.

Separation of church and state applies here.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And people are free to go somewhere else to get married. Many go to Vegas.

It comes down to gay rights over her rights and while the court has ruled that gays have the right to marry it has also ruled that government can not intrude in a major way on someones religious rights. Forcing her to go against her beliefs or lose her livelihood does that. You notice that she stopped issuing all marriage licensees until it is resolved?

I didn't think that it was possible, but you topped your most ridiculous b*llshit with this post. She's a self-righteous b!tch taking advantage of her position to abuse the rights and happiness of others. Personally, I'd like to see her in front of a firing squad along with some WBC and ISIS members.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if a Jewish or Muslum health inspector in that same KY county could deny a BBQ restaurant a license to open based on his religious beliefs against the consumption of pork.

Separation of church and state applies here.

Muslims are getting away with refusing to check you out if you have pork products and Muslim cabbies are getting away with refusing to carry passengers that have booze. Your point would be?

Guys when she took the job the law sided with her beliefs, now the law has changed so she can fight for what she believes is right or roll over like another sheeple. How many of you would give up and turn in your guns if the law changed? Would you try to fight it using every trick the law allows or would you give up? Seriously guys I know every one of you would be filing suit and protesting in one form or another.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Muslims are getting away with refusing to check you out if you have pork products and Muslim cabbies are getting away with refusing to carry passengers that have booze. Your point would be?

Guys when she took the job the law sided with her beliefs, now the law has changed so she can fight for what she believes is right or roll over like another sheeple. How many of you would give up and turn in your guns if the law changed? Would you try to fight it using every trick the law allows or would you give up? Seriously guys I know every one of you would be filing suit and protesting in one form or another.

You know what the point is.
Now you're trying to obfuscate the central issue.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The difference is that those muslims aren't working in a government job. It's really not that hard to understand why people don't want a government official dictating morality by refusing to do their job.

If you want to argue about muslims and private institutions, then fine. But this person was elected to a position that requires equal application of the law. She is failing to do so and should be removed. Yes, the laws might have changed, but her job has not. Yes people can go elsewhere to get married, but they shouldn't have to in order to find a public servant willing to do their required duty under the law.

You can keep trying to spin this back to 'religious freedom' crap all you want, but she is now citing 'God's authority' after being turned down the supreme court. I don't care who you are, citing God as a reason to deny equal access under the law is not cool.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also, anyone know if the rumors are true that this woman has been married four times?

wouldn't be surprised....look how stubborn she is.

RickN, please tell me you understand what has been pointed out to you... It is really sad to have this conversation over and over and over and over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom