Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her intentions are no longer the biggest issue in this situation. Now that she has been jailed for refusing to comply (quite possibly the first elected official to ever face legal action for failure to perform duties), maybe we can start looking into those who infrnge ,unconstitutionally, on our second amendment rights. Can we now put those elected officials in prison?

Rotsa ruck raggy, that could bring up Reagan, the Katrina gun grab, or Lautenberg Amendment instead of the selective blaming many here seem to prefer.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always knew dale would come around, or we came through to dale. either way....we can get along at OSA

Your question is a good one! I'll have to do some Gedankenexperimente

Hey, I still reserve the right to be cantankerous. Illegal acts are sometimes moral. So don't be too quick to count me as agreeing.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Yes her actions are most probably illegal.

I wonder how people feel about the idea that this episode shows that we in this country have entered into a period in which such law breaking is increasingly likely because Obama and perhaps Bush have acted to circumvent laws with which they disagreed. Should a President's personal views allow them to suspend the enforcement of laws? Likewise, did not the Supreme Court overstep its bounds by forcing the legalization of gay marriage instead of letting individual states decide legislatively? Many believe this to be so and as a result the respect for the authority of the Supreme Court has been lessened.

Are we entering into a period in which we are becoming a nation ruled by men rather than laws?

Yep because Jackson didn't defy the Supreme Ct., the Tea Pot Dome scandal never happened, along with all the other corruption in our history, nope just started, all Obama's fault, and perhaps Bush because some of that is kind of recent to forget.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I still reserve the right to be cantankerous. Illegal acts are sometimes moral. So don't be too quick to count me as agreeing.

Maybe so but morals and religion are subjective to personal opinions just as enforcement of our laws is subjective as to who broke them.

BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN ~Jesus

Our government is the potent, the om-nipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole
people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law;
it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. ~ Supreme CT. Justice Louis Brandeis

If our nation fails or falls into anarchy or fascism it will likely be because of the divisions caused by the opinions/perversions of religion and law.
We would do well to remember religion was a major factor for both sides in our Civil War, the South claimed religion gave them the right of supremacy and slavery while the North claimed religion/morals gave them the right to defy the Constitution.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our government is the potent, the om-nipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole
people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law;
it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. ~ Supreme CT. Justice Louis Brandeis

better be ready... :gun2::gun1::fullauto: LOL

That's a joke folks :uhh::lookaroun

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep because Jackson didn't defy the Supreme Ct., the Tea Pot Dome scandal never happened, along with all the other corruption in our history, nope just started, all Obama's fault, and perhaps Bush because some of that is kind of recent to forget.

Past vs present - some differences would include the present enormous size of the federal government and the potential for governmental intrusion into people's lives and the increasing level of dependency on government instead of self, family, God and community. But yes, history is rife with corruption and abuses of people. Currently too the culture is transitioning in many ways, many of which are negative. We seem to have lost our shared core beliefs and there are growing divisions. When one group attempts to dictate to other groups, push back can be increasingly expected. That's my initial take on your point and why the present differs from the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom