Anybody else see gas this cheap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid $1.88 for E10 yesterday, right off the highway. I'm sure it would have dropped a few pennies a few miles out and spent a few extra if their !EtOH pumps weren't inop.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Dodge Ram runs just at 21 mpg, except the one time that due to not having any money for GAS, we stopped and put in a whopping $10 of the ethanol stuff. Our mpg dropped to 15 on the highway, we just made it home to where I had real gas.

That ethanol stuff may work in some things but not for us, not again. :)

The small amount more for the gas is well worth it for us. Sadly it is getting harder to find.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$2.39 for 100% gas at the local Love's in Duncan. But I remember back in the mid 80's it was around .50 . One small town had 2 gas stations who got in to a price war and they got down to .01 a gallon.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure that is ethanol right? Wouldn't put that in any of my cars. I remember back in 98 that gas that summer for down to $.67!! I couldn't believe it. I remember putting $5 worth in my stealth and it would almost give me a 3/4 tank!!! I mentioned that to people I work with and none of them remember or believe that it was that low. It was.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Odd man out here I like Ethanol in my gasoline.

I have mixed Methanol at 10% and Toluene at 10% and added MTBE and TEL and also flirted with Acetone.

I have never had fuel issues but I drive my stuff, it does not sit for more than a couple days.

My hot rods are quicker with 10% Wife's corolla gets better MPG with 10%..

Like was stated some cars like it..I will say different stations blends of 10% will hurt my MPG and power.
Best luck with 7-11 and sinclair fuels.. Circle K here would choke and puke in the wife's car.

MoBoost likes Ethanol also.

I have ran many consistent mid to high 11 second quarter mile times with 7-11 gasoline with 10%.
I feel it has more oxygen in it and if jetted correctly can make more power.. As Ethanol is 35% Oxygen.

Sorry not a post about gasoline formulas.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gasoline is still high, but gasohol has been down that low around here for a week or so. I prefer straight gasoline, but at $0.80/gal difference, I may have to start going with the gasohol...

Latest posts

Top Bottom