Tiger Valley Bug Out Drill 2015 ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck i was happy to run 12 miles this entire week! Good luck to you txgundawg, sounds like you're well prepared. Pawnee in Jan ought to be a cakewalk for you

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck i was happy to run 12 miles this entire week! Good luck to you txgundawg, sounds like you're well prepared. Pawnee in Jan ought to be a cakewalk for you

WHAT!! You ain't coming?

Thanks, not sure how well prepared i'll be, but after Thursday i believe i'll be able to make the distance.

You're right, Pawnee should seem like a cakewalk after 20+ miles/week with full gear.:thumb:

But i still need to get there and pull the trigger. :)

Last edited:

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I decided against it. My Daughter is running in the Cross Country regionals that weekend. Plus im still wore out from that long drive to Pecos.

Anxious for a report after you return though.

Yea, the 20 hours of driving to/from Pecos was much harder than the 87 minutes it took to run the course.

Will do on the AAR.

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished, completed all but one of the 32 tasks in 8 hours 40 minutes. It was roughly 16 miles.

After penalties and bonuses. Final time was 8 hours and 48 minutes.

Though, i was one of the first to start. Only 4 others had finished before me and there was about 35 still out with less than an hour of light left.

Weapons: an AR with a 4x ACOG and a Glock 19.
Ammo 300 rounds M885 and 200 rounds 9mm ball.

I used a Tactical Tailor Malice pack with HSGI Ali pad.

The pack weighed 50 pounds.

Total gear weight with rifle, pistol, ammo on belt and butt pack, 65 pounds.

By far the most weight i've carried for that distance.

The exact total weight was heavier for sure. It rained for the first 4 hours. I was soaking wet all day, even with the rain gear. The mud was a challenge unto its self. Deep and clingy.
____

I'm going to break this into three sections.

Basically how we were given the info.

Conditions. Rained all night and the first four hours. The laps (Tabbing) through the field and woods were extremely muddy and the low spots were filled with water. It only got worse as the day progressed. It really could not have been any worse.

Lap #1. About 4 miles.

Hike half mile with gear.

Stage #1, Moving target. 200 yards, 30 shots, 1 minute. Hit 23 of 30.

Stage #2 Clear mine field. Hit simulated mine with tannerite. 50-100 yards. Hit on first shot.

Time stated 0825.

Hike back to obstacle course. Stages 3-9.

3. 8ft chain link fence.
4. 4ft wall
5. 6ft wall
6. Roof line
7. Window
8. 8ft wall
9. Attic way.

Cleared all but the Attic way. Only stage failure. My grappling hook broke. By this time I was physically spent and not able to pull myself up without my Alpine aiders.

Stage #10 Tied up. Get free of flex cuff, behind back. I was able to get to my knife

Stage #11 IZZY Gang Mob. Knock down 5 pistol targets 30 seconds.

Stage #12 Tabbing out #1. (4 mile hike)

Stage #13-15 during hike.

#13 Fence breach. Cut a piece of chain link. Bring with you. Used my multi-tool
#14 Chopping Wood. Cut a 6 inch length of 4 inch wood. Bring with you. Used my folding saw.
#15 Dark Shadow. Read a message at the end of a piece of PVC pipe. Had a flash light.

Stage #16 Inclement Weather. (Like we needed that). Rifle, 20 rounds, 25-30 yards kneeling, "A" zone hits on an IPSC target while under a sprinkler.

Hit 19/20

By this time it had stopped raining and i was drying out. After, i was completely soaked again.

Stage #17 Bad ride in Helicopter Rifle 5 clay targets 25 yards. Pistol 10 steel targets about same distance.

Stage #18 Tight rope/net. Climb cargo net (10 feet) with gear. Than it was a form of a two rope bridge. With all gear. About 30 feet.

Stage #1 and #16 were the only shooting stages that you were scored on. The rest were Go/NoGo

Last edited:

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At stage #12 i started to hike with someone.

It helped with keeping the pace and passing the time.

It is a lot easier hiking with a partner.

Next was Stage #19 The Road March. About 7 miles.

Got clean socks and water.

Headed out, made it to the halfway point, got our poker chip and headed back.

No breaks, fairly good pace. Time: a little over two hours.
______

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the Road March we received our final instructions.

Stage #20 Hajji Hotel. Rifle, Shoot 5 clays 25 yards 1.5 minutes.

Stage #21 Shot in the arm. Apply a tourniquet to you arm.

Stage #22 Boil Water. Used solid fuel and a improvised stove. Boiled in less than 2 minutes.

Stage #23 Tabbing out #2 Same course as before. Same distance.

Stages #24-26 during hike.

#24 Turning wrench. Remove a lag bolt from a piece of wood. Bring with you. Used my multi-tool.
#25 Dead Reckoning. Along the way find a ammo can with instructions. Shooting an Azimuth/compass. Follow the instructions too find another ammo can. Retrieve required object. Bring with you. Used my watch. It was way off. But my hiking partner had a compass. There was another guy that had been looking for awhile. So we set out again and found it. TEAM work.
#26 Make a Spear.

#27 Retrieve Food. Use the spear to retrieve an apple while standing on a 8 foot building.

#28 Hogan's Alley. Cancel. Too muddy.

#29 Wounded buddy. Carrier/drag a 200 pound dummy 30 feet and place in chair.

After 9 hours of obstacles and humping a ruck, this was one of the hardest task.

#30 Shoot for food. Using a suppressed .22 (provided) with 5 shots, hit a prairie dog 15-20 yards.

#31 Shake Down. Show you have certain items. 30 minute penalty for not having items.

1. Money $100
2. First aid kit.
3. Spare batteries
4. Knife.
5. Water purification "real"
6. 25 ft of 550 cord

I had all these items.

#32 Bonus 5 minutes taken off for having each item.

1. E-tool/shovel
2. Multi-tool
3. Gas Mask
4. Tape, Duct/electrical
5. Bungie cord
6. Fishing kit
7. Suppressor
8. Animal snares
9. Signal mirror
10. Tarp, sleeping bag, bivy sack, ranger roll. etc.
11. Insect repellant
12. Pepper spray
13. Hatchet/axe
14. Meds.
15. Rappelling rope, D-ring, Harness
16. Survival radio.

I had 6 items.

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This what you look like after a Bug out.

Not too dang bad for 52 year old Dawg.:)

I know my wife would have liked it with all the gear on, but i just didn't feel it.
imgdump1_novarata_net_image_php_c06c8bee870599a5cab090946b39cc6f._.jpg

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job! Sounds like a challenging course...can you give us a run down of your gear? What you carried, what you wish you'd left behind, and wished you'd brought?

Latest posts

Top Bottom