Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the thought, but we're coming to beat the mousegunners. We don't need no stinkin' special treatment!

Is smack talk allowed here? ;-)

I was fine running the AR until you posted this, I guess I will put my big boy underwear on & run the bolt gun again.
I am pretty sure I will drop some time on stage 1 & bonus stage 2, I can only throw a bolt so fast. Last January I went 1 for 1 with rifle until the last stage, so moral of story is don't miss.
I still think we need a scale to weigh running weight & post run without gear weight. I know you FAL & military gun guys tend to carry a lot of ammo.

Matt in TN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was fine running the AR until you posted this, I guess I will put my big boy underwear on & run the bolt gun again.
I am pretty sure I will drop some time on stage 1 & bonus stage 2, I can only throw a bolt so fast. Last January I went 1 for 1 with rifle until the last stage, so moral of story is don't miss.
I still think we need a scale to weigh running weight & post run without gear weight. I know you FAL & military gun guys tend to carry a lot of ammo.

Glad I can help!

I'm also glad to hear you actually missed on the last stage. I came just a couple seconds short of timing out on that last stage, and thought I had just screwed my overall score. I'm still not happy with all of my misses, but seeing all the other DQ's made me feel a little bit better. I definitely don't get a chance to practice in wind like that out here!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATTENTION: All ROs, staff.
Please pm, text or email me regarding the Friday evening festivities. I need to get a headcount of those who will be attending and I need to pass some information along to you.
Thank you.

Matt in TN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious - the stage descriptions this year don't mention the target sizes nearly as much as I remember them last year. Is that because:

1. If they are not mentioned then they are all close/big/easy targets
2. We don't really know what/where they'll be yet
3. Sizing and ranging targets is an important skill for a rifleman, and we left this information off on purpose - so quit your whining you pansy!!!

Any of the above is fine, of course. I'm just trying to focus on the right things in training.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Targets will be anywhere from 150-500 yds. The 500 yd shot may be shot prone, some of the closer distances will require you to shoot unsupported, and possibly from an uncomfortable/awkward position.

So - 1. nope. 2. sort of, 3. correct.

GOOSEBANDIT

Marksman
Reaction score
Any idea how many people are on the wait list? I'm late to the party and just want to know if I even have a chance to get in. I ran the winter one back in 2014 and had a hell of a time. I think I got 6th overall.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are currently 40 on the wait list. We typically have several cancellations and lots of non-responses from the wait list, but it is pretty unlikely we'll get through 40. Still go ahead and sign up, and you will get an email heads up about when tickets will go on sale for the next one.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll sell my spot for
i.qkme.me_35ze3t.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom