Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Post anything about deer season in this thread or start one of your own.

If you enter a deer in one of the contests threads that are for entry only, we invite you to post more pics in this thread and give us your story about how you got your deer or why you missed the big one.

Humorous stories or adventure stories are really appreciated. :D

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw my first scrape last Wednesday when checking a cam. I've never seen one this early. This weekends weather sounds much cooler and a little damp, north winds too :)

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw my first scrape last Wednesday when checking a cam. I've never seen one this early. This weekends weather sounds much cooler and a little damp, north winds too :)

Leave it to an old retired man to have the energy and spitefulness to walk across the road with a full bladder to make a scrape with his boot just to see if you put a stand on it.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My main deer hunting goal this year. My dad owns a 160 that I grew up on before I was old enough to hunt he push all the timber off it. It is just pasture but has timber that joins it on three sides that gets hunted. I have only hunted 10 or less times because I always had better places to hunt. I have never killed a deer off this place. This farm has been in our family for 3 generations it got cattle on it. I fenced off about a acre the other day and put out corn cleanings & rice bran hoping I can at least get some does coming to our place. Anyway my main goal this year is kill a doe with a cap & ball black powder revolver at 20 yards or less on our family farm this year.

Last edited:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We've moved our feeders this year and will be hunting a draw flanked and filled by cottonwoods and Oaks. After moving two cameras to see if we could catch traffic on a well established path, we discovered it's a super-highway. between a river corridor and a large clump of oaks/persimmons, so we're setting up this year to intercept going both directions. Best part is that we are able to move North-south on the down wind side of the corridor.

As a backup, we have a blind and two stands in another location for the days when the weather won't cooperate. We always go into the season optimistic and this year is no different. we have at least 4 nice shooter that we've got patterned - which means on opening day they simply evaporate into thin air until the close of the season. :laugh6:

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goal is to fill the freezer with 4 does. If I shoot a buck...I'll consider that a bonus. Never shot a buck before, but I want him to have a few years under his belt at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom