Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to your Grandson Toney! Same to 7stw for some nice meat does. Sucks field dressing two the same day! :D

Congrats to Okie4570's daughter for completing the trifecta of deer hunting. Bow, Mz, and Centerfire rifle. Is a pistol her next challenge?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to all.

Bobby - tell E. congrats! That's quite an accomplishment. (Of course, her Dad helps a little.)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May you all be happy and healthy and get to spend time with family and friends.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this one on Black Kettle WMA yesterday afternoon. 12 point, main frame 10 with split brow tines. Put a 155 gr A Max (that I loaded) out of my 308 right in the point of his shoulder as he was facing/quartering towards me at around 125-150 yards. He ran a a half circle for maybe 30-40 yards and crashed out. Not sure on weight, figured around 150 or so dressed, plenty enough for the 1/4 mile drag! Just glad to get it done before the crappy weather hit here today-Saturday.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got this one on Black Kettle WMA yesterday afternoon. 12 point, main frame 10 with split brow tines. Put a 155 gr A Max (that I loaded) out of my 308 right in the point of his shoulder as he was facing/quartering towards me at around 125-150 yards. He ran a a half circle for maybe 30-40 yards and crashed out. Not sure on weight, figured around 150 or so dressed, plenty enough for the 1/4 mile drag! Just glad to get it done before the crappy weather hit here today-Saturday.

nice one clint! and i bet that your legs were feelin the burn after that drag!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nice one clint! and i bet that your legs were feelin the burn after that drag!
I called in reinforcements before I even got to him! My brother in law came out to help, I had gutted him and started dragging when he showed up from town, if not for him I might still be out there huffing and puffing! LOL

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public land bruiser! Very nice.

I hate to say it, but looking at the weather forecast, there's probably gonna be a few hunters down in SEOK get into trouble driving/walking through floodwater this weekend if this forecast pans out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom