Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats!

I don't ever remember the first few days of archery will zero wind. I'm used to swaying back and forth and listen to the trees creak.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been shifting here. Had a tiny breeze coming in on my right that's perfect for this stand, then it turned 180, blowing right across the trail I'm sitting on.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This dummy has been laying 10y from since 615.....I can guarantee he's more comfy than I am.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20151003_184539_zps95pw3tff.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I flubbed it tonight an hour into the first sit of the season. Dink six comes in down the fence line, hops it, heads right to my sweet spot. Looks up the hill. I hear a noise. A big 8 (to me 0 about as big as my 2 biggest bucks on the wall) comes trotting in kinda playfully chasing him. I foresee the future. He keeps moving, I "meh" to stop him, he doesn't stop and offer a shot, that's my story.

They never do what you think they'll do. He stops slightly quartering away right where you'd want him too as I stand there in amazement at full draw. The little guy inside my head running my motor functions slips and falls and hits the go switch and I watch my fletchings go under him in slo-mo. Classing buck fever flub.

I'd kick myself in the face if my boot would reach. I'll be back Friday after it cools off again. Can't hunt tomorrow, but it looks perfect. Good luck to ya'll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom