Where to buy Steel targets - Setting up own range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsFinest

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some good steel targets for a pistol range? Ive been thinking about setting up a place to shoot and practice such as the one that hickok45 has in his videos. However, I don't need that many targets, just a few.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not wanting to hi-jack your thread, but I have been thinking about this on and off also. So far I have found these to be the best for the money of what I have found:

https://shootingtargets7.com/store/gongs/1-2.html

I have also thought about calling a couple of steel places in Tulsa. There is one over in West Tulsa that cut out some fire place backing pieces for me a few years back that seemed reasonable. (I could pick up with no shipping.)

Good luck to you, and please share what you find.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link P238, I also had been contemplating setting up some steel. Ordered enough for a little pistol range and a rifle range from them. It really adds to the fun and practicality of shooting practice having that instant feedback.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 4x8x3/8" sheet of AR500 steel from a place in Wichita (who happened to be the steel distributor for a local manufacturing concern). They put it on their delivery truck, which runs weekly to our little town (for no charge). Then I had my good buddy, who works at said manufacturing concern, cut it up in to targets using their water jet table.

I have about $2,500 worth of targets for about $600.

It's nice to have friends and shooting buddies who work in heavy industry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom