First handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might suggest going to a gunshow in your area and handling anything that you think you would like and see if it will fit your hands and if you like the feel of the gun and make a list of what it is you like then as others have said go where you can rent some and shoot them to narrow down the list.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I'm taking Thursday off, so I think that would be a good time to head down to H&H and try some out. It's usually pretty slow in the morning and it's just down the highway from me.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recommend the M&P as well.

Don't forget to budget money for things like: gun holster, extra mags, mag holster, carry ammo, night sights (if desired) etc.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some ranges will take the fees you pay on rental off whatever you buy. That can allow you to try several without any real financial loss if you buy from them. Worth calling around on anyway.

I will repeat what others have said. Try as many as you can and go with the one that works for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom