Getting older sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you folks are waking up with aches and pains, you likely need a new mattress.
I started down that road, did a little research and bought a new one.
Good ones aren't cheap, but waking up in the mornings pain free is priceless.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you folks are waking up with aches and pains, you likely need a new mattress. I started down that road, did a little research and bought a new one. Good ones aren't cheap, but waking up in the mornings pain free is priceless.

Not to turn the thread on Rick--- but I need to know that mattress brand!!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just got a sleep number and that has greatly helped my aches and pains. I'm not old but have a really bad neck and back.

Get the pillows there also, we just spent a lot of cash, but it's helped me.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you folks are waking up with aches and pains, you likely need a new mattress.

I have to agree with this. Two weeks ago while staying at a hotel for a few days I realized when I got up up the morning my back and legs didn't hurt. Bought a new bed today.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Already bought the new mattress and it helped a little but a lot of mine is because of my leg problems. It did really help the wife's neck and shoulder problems.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea we have a select comfort, it helps
But if you stay in it too long, get an arm, leg out of shape.........Arrgghhh
My Wifes LUPUS....nothing short of suspended on air seems to help.....

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Quoted for Truth.
I've done two things that have helped TREMENDOUSLY in getting up out of bed, pain-free.

(1) New mattress
I've posted before, if you're looking for a good traditional coil spring mattress, I got a good one from Oklahoma Mattress Company off North Classen in OKC.
They have a little showroom where you can lay down and try different ones, and they will make what you want to order.
Their mattresses can also be flipped over and used on both sides, which most today cannot.
I have no financial interest in the company, but I am a satisfied customer, sleeping well on an extra-firm.

(2) Losing some weight
I've been meaning for some time to start a thread, thanking (calling out) certain members here for helpful advice in lots of areas, not just firearms.
A post by RickN a long time back was what really scared me into getting serious about losing some weight.
I lost about 20 pounds, and then stalled at that weight and started gaining it back.
I said "Oh hell no!" I've now lost 50 pounds and need to drop another 35 lbs.
It's really hard, but instead of just dieting, I've made changes in eating and moderate exercise that I hope to keep up for the rest of my life.
I figure that's what it's gonna take.

Latest posts

Top Bottom