40mm ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming you mean the 40mm grenades used by the M79 and M203, I know there used to be HE, smoke, and practice rounds available (there were also WP rounds, but I don't recall if they were available on the civilian market). The high explosive rounds weren't popular, as you had to pay a $200 NFA tax per round for them.

Where you'd get them, I don't know. I know someone who used to own an M203, but that was years ago, and he sold it not long after I got to know him, so I didn't have much opportunity to learn on that aspect.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You also might want to five Frank a call at Midwest Tactical. ATFmachinegun.com. I am not sure of he has any in stock right now but he was selling a lot of 40mm rounds a little while back.
LOL, hell no I'm not calling Frank. The only thing people call Frank is expletives.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, haven't researched it myself, but I thought the BATFE was saying anything 40mm was a DD, even the chalk rounds since they could injure/kill at close ranges? Like I said, something I thought I heard recently.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, haven't researched it myself, but I thought the BATFE was saying anything 40mm was a DD, even the chalk rounds since they could injure/kill at close ranges? Like I said, something I thought I heard recently.
It was a specific round only; the M992 flare only. Once it hit the internet, it took off as "all" 40mm ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom