I got an elk!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a day! I went out to this spot yesterday evening and seen some very fresh elk tracks, but all I seen was a small buck and no elk. I went back out this morning and around 8am a farmer came out to feed his cows a few hundred yards away. He scared 3 bucks through the woods right to my stand about 15 or 20 yards away. I drew back on the biggest one, but they were to spooked and took off before I could get a good clean shot. I was pretty bummed at that point, but thought maybe they would come back a little later. About 15 minutes after that I hear something coming in and notice that its a few elk. A couple cows went by and then this one came out in the open. I made a noise to stop it and probably counted 6 or 7 times as fast as I could to make sure it had at least 5 points on one side. I counted 5 several times and thought maybe 6 so I knew it was legal. Took the shot about 30 yards and arrow went straight through. It ran about 50 yards away and I could hearing it coughing for a few minutes so I knew it was down and close to being done. Got down and went over to it and couldnt believe it! It was a huge rush of excitement and emotion. This is my first elk. I have it on video and as soon as I get it all edited and uploaded I will post it up! For now, heres a couple pics.

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_shot_20pic_zpsym8bgzwo.jpg

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_G0012754_zpsfiax99g9.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MAN!! That is awesome..a big congratulations for you and the nice bull that will feed you for some time.
Did you take it out in pieces?
Tell us more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom