Scout Rifle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotcha... I'd seen the term tossed around, but really didn't know what it was all about. Most of that makes some amount of sense.

Google "Col. Cooper scout rifle". He laid out some specific criteria/definitions and the concept.

My personal opinion is that it is an outdated concept, but still a fun one.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that it is an outdated concept, but still a fun one.
It probably is an outdated concept, but then I'm outdated, too. Before I installed the scope and scope rail, the FR-8 was the centerfire rifle I enjoyed shooting more than any other in the safe, and I don't see that changing after I installed them. It is a fun rifle to shoot.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great. Now I'm going to have to get another Spanish Mauser. Thanks a lot. The last one I had was a beater in 7mm. I'd LOVE to have a 7.62x51. Totally bitchin. They are so tiny to begin with, compared to an 8mm VZ24. Great build!

I will trade you puppy for it. Everyone loves puppies.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an FR8 years ago to do something similar to and enjoyed it so much that I just left it stock.

I still have the Leupold 4x EER scope I bought for it, maybe I'll buy a second one and actually get around to scoping it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom