Stripped Lower Swap Party at Wanenmacher's Gun Show, Saturday Nov. 17 12:00 noon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, just so I get this straight...

The Man won't know you have an AR lower because you traded the one that you had to fill out a 4473 on for one you didn't have to fill out a 4473 on. But you still filled out a 4473 at one time, so it is kind of a moot point, don't you think? I mean, if you are REALLY worried about it, why would you ever buy one on a 4473 to begin with? Wouldn't it be smarter to buy one out of the classifieds from an individual, or something like that, or build an 80% lower?

Maybe a tin foil hat swapping party would be less costly. Just saying. But hey, if it make you happy!

Just keep your lower, and when the jackbooted thugs come for your guns someday, riding their machines of injustice RIGHT ON TO YOUR PORCH, do this:

Last edited by a moderator:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is to make the firearm untraceable to you. When the authorities recover a firearm, they send out subpoenas and trace it from the manufacturer, to the distributor, to the retailer, to the first private owner, and then start investigating owners. With the Second Amendment in mind, it would be best if that trail did not include you, and instead led to a dude who transferred it to a stranger at a gun show years ago.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Based on that, I still don't see the point. First of all why would the police recover my AR? If they did because I sold it to someone else, then it would be the same as if I had swapped the lower at some point. If the lower was ever in your name, there is still a paper trail that leads to you at some point, right.

Just buy a lower from an individual. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom