Mouse invation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good grief mice are taking over. I have caught 14 of the little suckers with glue traps in the last week. I know they come in to get out of the cold this time of year but usually only catch two or three. Wonder if climate change is responsible, seems to be the scape goat for everything else that happens.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor caught that many in less than 2 hours..she seen them looking at her on a shelf in the garage!!
Said 3 at a time would be peeking at her from behind a bunch of stuff.

kind of funny really watching her go into the garage and come out a couple minutes later with mice on a sticky card.Head crush and into the trash can.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhh...

...shouldn't this be in the "Oklahoma Home Invasions" thread?

Just kidding.

Get cats...not kidding there. Back in the '80's, I managed a country grain elevator at which a metal grain bin (150,000 bushels) collapsed. Because of all the grain on the ground, even after the clean-up, we had some very fat cats because of all the mice. Heh...we also had an influx of snakes as well.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am about to begin my garage to office conversion. I am not looking forward to it. I can't ever seem to find them all until I move stuff around and then I find them all emaciated from poison bait. gross.

The best mouse trap- 5 gal bucket, dowel rod through a soda can covered in peanut butter. fill the bucket about 1/3 full with water. They hit the can, it rolls, they drown. no mess, quick death, all good.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate em, living rural tho its a part of life. Last winter what the dog (I have a lil Boston terror that is a mouse, mole, squirrel, cat killer) didnt sniff out and snag I killed 4 or 5 a day until I got em all gone. A bag full of cheapo deapo Atwood wooden traps and peanut butter is my best defense, I dont mind doing it either cause I hate em so much. So far this year Ive only heard one inside the wall but havent seen any running by or the dog hasnt come up with any, yet, but they'll be coming in soon. Found a huge nest of em under a bookshelf last year and eliminated an entire family in one sweep. The others usually just come in thru a garage door left open.

Got a 2 for 1 deal on this one, greedy lil F'rs love peanut butter and bread. I roll a small piece of bread up in a ball and attach it to the lil metal platform snug and then lather peanut butter all over the bread, when they try to pull the breadball loose KABAM!!! I love hearing that sound.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pics please.

Google...
2015-11-12-12-48-24--1209396588.jpeg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best mouse trap- 5 gal bucket, dowel rod through a soda can covered in peanut butter. fill the bucket about 1/3 full with water. They hit the can, it rolls, they drown. no mess, quick death, all good.

From drowning? I'd think it would be a while before that happened. Death via a mousetrap would be a lot quicker.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From drowning? I'd think it would be a while before that happened. Death via a mousetrap would be a lot quicker.
Agreed. What if you used no water and simply put some poison in the bucket. Then you dont have mice getting poisons and dying inside a wall or other odd place that you wont find them for years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom