Mouse invation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the stove is all good now. 2 self cleaning cycles and whatever residue was left is incinerated. These self cleaning ovens get some kind of hot on their cleaning cycles, this one locks the doors while it's on and they remain locked after it turns off until the oven gets under 500 degrees and then they'll unlock. Did some reading and they generally go to about 600 degrees celsius. I ran each oven through a 2 hour cycle and the smell was gone. Then I did it again.

My generator got some good exercise out of the deal. I'm stuffing steel wool in all the holes and slots I can find. These little bastards ain't getting in again if any are left. I've went completely medieval on their a$$. Every kind of trap there known to man and baits are all over my house, garage and even the shed in the back yard. I'm baiting the traps with all natural peanut butter and my dog's food. Can't tell that any of the baits have been touched. I've had some traps out for about a month now and all I've got are about 7 so far. Hopefully there ain't many more.

um, they are in the house....
F the stove!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
um, they are in the house....
F the stove!

I think I have them under control. I have an early warning system that tells me where they are hiding and she is a complete psychopath when it comes to critters in her domain. She tells me where to put traps and she's been pretty quiet the last few days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448209985.818595.jpg

But I did order a crapton of sticky traps on Amazon the other day just in case...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten a mess of rats living under my shed, I tried the bucket traps but have only caught one rat and about 7 mice with 2 buckets so far, on the other hand I purchased a Bengamin Prowler .177 pellet rifle that blows the brains clean out of a rat. I've shot about 5 rats so far in one day of shooting. The rifle is a break barrel design and it comes with a 4x32 scope. The rat I head shot at 20 yards, I can honestly say that I had no idea what part of the rat I was shooting but it got a good hit anyway. I cleared allot of the neighbors fallen tree's and unmowed pasture next to my fence and shed. So I figure about 2 more days of shooting along with a big "tom cat" poison box should clear out the rest. If anyone has a pellet gun and wants a hour or two of rat shooting drop me a message.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess it's going to be a never ending battle, caught 4 more over the last couple days. Lost count but has to be close to 30 I've caught in sticky traps in the house. This is really blowing me away, we are fairly good house keepers and not many places are left untouched for any length of time and can't imagine how they are getting in.

Built a bucket trap for the shop, just got it set up yesterday and didn't catch anything yet. Never have had a problem with my pickup or tractor both only get used when needed and could be mouse heavens. Planning on building two more bucket traps to put in the tractor shed and the lean-to where I keep the truck. All these mice I'm catching in the house are making me paranoid.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess it's going to be a never ending battle, caught 4 more over the last couple days. Lost count but has to be close to 30 I've caught in sticky traps in the house. This is really blowing me away, we are fairly good house keepers and not many places are left untouched for any length of time and can't imagine how they are getting in.

Built a bucket trap for the shop, just got it set up yesterday and didn't catch anything yet. Never have had a problem with my pickup or tractor both only get used when needed and could be mouse heavens. Planning on building two more bucket traps to put in the tractor shed and the lean-to where I keep the truck. All these mice I'm catching in the house are making me paranoid.
They are likely in the attic.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, I built a bucket trap but have yet to catch a mouse. but I can see they are eating the peanut butter off the can so wtf?
Sounds like your diving board is too close to the can for the size of your vermin.

Years ago when my neighbor knocked down his late father's derelict old sheds and my place was overrun by the displaced vermin, I tried all kinds of traps and I'd occasionally find some tripped with the bait gone. When I finally got big enough traps, I caught some big damn rats, big enough that they'd probably have been able to enough to sit on the edge of a five gallon bucket and still reach a can in the middle if there'd been much of a diving board at all.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like your diving board is too close to the can for the size of your vermin.

Years ago when my neighbor knocked down his late father's derelict old sheds and my place was overrun by the displaced vermin, I tried all kinds of traps and I'd occasionally find some tripped with the bait gone. When I finally got big enough traps, I caught some big damn rats, big enough that they'd probably have been able to enough to sit on the edge of a five gallon bucket and still reach a can in the middle if there'd been much of a diving board at all.
I moved the board further away so we'll see. I dont think what I have are rats, Its inside my feed/tack shed and I cant see any rats getting inside but there is a couple places a mouse definitely could get in.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of those suckers are smart. Had one or more get past the ambush I set up with sticky traps and a dog treat. Had to use more traps and fix it so the only way they could get to the treat was through a sticky trap. That is when I started catching the adults.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of those suckers are smart. Had one or more get past the ambush I set up with sticky traps and a dog treat. Had to use more traps and fix it so the only way they could get to the treat was through a sticky trap. That is when I started catching the adults.

I typically kill the little ones first then the fat daddy (or momma) is usually the last one I get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom