Mouse invation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now up to 18, hard to believe we had that many mice running around the house. Need to get more sticky traps.

I like the coke can in the bucket idea, will use that in my shop instead of poison. Went the cat route but between vet bills, cat hair and dealing with a litter box our cat days went away when we had to put it to sleep.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried cats too, outdoor cats only but the coyotes got fat on my cats. I think I went through 25 cats over the years. I had 3 young kittens once that were too small to wonder off to yote land and they all disappeared in one day...hawks I suspect.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm down to two outdoor cats. At least one of them is worth a flip; I've actually seen him with a caught mouse. (He got mad at me when I broke his toy, though.)

Normally, I advocate for clean kills, but when it comes to mice and rats, I don't give a crap, I just want those little bastards dead. I've poisoned, trapped, shot, and stomped on more of those destructive, worthless little disease carriers than I can count.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm dropping the sticky traps upside down in a coffee can half full of water. Only takes a few seconds before they quit wiggling.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent hours baiting them to come under the fence and shooting them over the summer. Not sure how many there are but they're living under a brush pile in my neighbor's back yard. So far I've got nine confirmed kills. Haven't tried in a while but I'm sure they've made up for my kills and some by now. Nothing has made it in the house yet though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom