Mouse invation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm up to 5 so far. I live in town and have never had to buy a trap in over 20 years until now. I had two in one sticky trap the other day. I'll say they are tricky little bastards compared to what they used to be when I was growing up, they aren't falling for the peanut butter in the spin traps at all. Either that or they don't like organic peanut butter. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad used to bury a gallon glass jar at ground level, and put peanut butter on popsicle sticks that were balanced over the edge of the jar. Mouse walks the plank to get the PB, and falls into the jar.
When he caught a couple, we would go to the local lake that had lily pads on it. He would use a leather glove, catch a mouse in the jar, and put a weedless hook in the nap of its neck, then pitch it out at the edge of the lily pads. He caught some impressive bass and catfish with them swimming around.

I just use the wax block poison at the barn. In the house, a snap trap works great.

Be careful using antifreeze. Dogs like the taste of it too, and its deadly on them.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_12_9aa2d9721f87ac308e494d9cab59d91c.jpg

Couple of trophies from a night hunt in my shop, had to wipe the milk off the little ones lips. Hope ranger doesn't see!!

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent hours baiting them to come under the fence and shooting them over the summer. Not sure how many there are but they're living under a brush pile in my neighbor's back yard. So far I've got nine confirmed kills. Haven't tried in a while but I'm sure they've made up for my kills and some by now. Nothing has made it in the house yet though.

Diesel and match!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad used to bury a gallon glass jar at ground level, and put peanut butter on popsicle sticks that were balanced over the edge of the jar. Mouse walks the plank to get the PB, and falls into the jar.
When he caught a couple, we would go to the local lake that had lily pads on it. He would use a leather glove, catch a mouse in the jar, and put a weedless hook in the nap of its neck, then pitch it out at the edge of the lily pads. He caught some impressive bass and catfish with them swimming around.

I just use the wax block poison at the barn. In the house, a snap trap works great.

Be careful using antifreeze. Dogs like the taste of it too, and its deadly on them.

Can only imagine the big arse bass caught.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put some bird seed in a bucket with a pool noodle diving board. Caught a whole family. Took them to another neighborhood!

1. What's a pool noodle diving board? One of those round floaty things? How did this gizmo work? Trying to visualize it...

2. What do you mean by "took them to another neighborhood?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom