C&R License

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After contemplating the idea of applying for an 03 FFL (C&R) for a few years, I finally filled out the application and dropped it in the mail tonight. CLEO for Rogers County has a copy headed his way too.

Assuming everything goes through without issues, anyone have any tips or suggestions for a new 03 FFL holder?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just keep your paperwork updated and in order, and be sure to send off copies of your 03 to the various mail-order companies like Brownell's and Midway. They offer discounts for holders of those.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent some time looking at log books today. I saw these two that I liked. One had a spot for a picture, the other doesn't. Any pros and cons on these options?

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_13_48b1f471f2fe37f558fdc1968fdec1c9.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_13_190eebb1391820f67458416e2c477732.jpg

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midway no longer offers discounts for C&R holders. It wasn't really much of a discount for the last couple years they did offer it, in fact if you had one you couldn't take advantage of their frequent "$XX off any $XXX order" sales, which kind of killed the whole point of the C&R discount.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midway no longer offers discounts for C&R holders. It wasn't really much of a discount for the last couple years they did offer it, in fact if you had one you couldn't take advantage of their frequent "$XX off any $XXX order" sales, which kind of killed the whole point of the C&R discount.

Good to know...thanks

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for a few years, I chose not to renew as I didn't order enough online stuff to put up with the headache. To me if you order a few guns a year its worth the $10 transfer fee that some of the local shops charge.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it's been about 2-1/2 weeks since I sent in my application and I have not seen the charge to my account, I was getting worried that they may not have received it. It's not like the gov't to to wait around to take someone's money. But I called them and they said they received it last week.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being the impatient person I am, I decided to call them again. Glad I did. The lady I talked to this time took the extra step to look at the payment details and saw that I had left the $ amount field blank. :banghead: She said they couldn't charge me and finish processing the application without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom