New to knives, recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDannar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhat new to knives and am interested in an automatic opening knife. Anyone recommend a good quality knife that won't break the bank but would be of decent quality? Thanks for assistance.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Benchmade 4300CLA and have another on its way. It's an excellent, high quality knife that's easy to edc. Comes with black or satin; serrated or non blade. Can be picked up online for $195.00 at a few places. BladeOps is no hassle as far as military/gov form. Some sites still require it. There are plenty of others out there but that's my $.02

Coz

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Benchmade more than anything else, but recently I picked up a Boker Klashnikov just to see if i even liked carrying an auto before i spent $200 on a Benchmade. I must say I am very impressed with the Boker. The build of this knife is very solid and the blade locks open with a very sturdy click. Aside from the steel used, I would say it could probably stand up to anything my Benchmades can.

heavysmoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will second Benchmade and Protech both. If your budget allows it checkout Microtech as I find them to be excellent quality. If you budget is a little light check out the new Kershaw automatics. Good steel and solid build for a very reasonable price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom