Is it just me or is ham crazy high this year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the store tonight and I decided to check out the fricks whole bone in hams and the cheapest one was 78.00. We buy a fricks every year for Christmas dinner and the most we have paid for one is about 50.00, the guy in the meat department said they probably won't get any cheaper this year.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the farm report, there are fewer hogs this year due to the virus that went through the farms, causing the young pigs to die from diarrhea. That probably accounts for the higher ham prices.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ham prices are all over the place. There is a smoke shop in Virginia that has hams hanging for 20 some years. Give up your inheritance for that price. Adie's isn't bad.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since it is just the wife and I, and we both love ham, we have been buying a boneless Farmland ham at Crest. Wife has some jaw problems and these are very tender. Normally we cut it in half and freeze the other half until needed. Each half gives us 3 meals. One of ham with a side and veggies, one with leftover cubed ham in scalloped sweet potatoes or something, and one with omelets.

For Christmas I will just cook a whole one with a brown sugar substitute, mustard and pineapple juice glaze.

If you have to have a bone in ham, Aldis or Uptown are your best bets. I have seen them at 99 cents a pound.

I checked and the Aldis in Edmond has spiral cut hams for $1.89lb. No idea of brand. Uptown had Cure 81 spiral cut half hams at $1.68lb but they have not updated their sale ads yet. May still be on sale, may not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom