What is killing my chickens???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something is killing my chickens. The predator eats the ass off the bird, going for the intestines, while the chicken is still alive, apparently. I had captured a large feral cat last week in the live catch cage and relocated it to a rural area about 5 miles away. Then the same thing happens again this evening at dusk, I went out there to close the door to the chicken house, and the predator had been in there again. The chicken had its intestines eaten out and the thighs had the flesh eaten off. I have the coyote cage trap set up in front of the door to the chicken house, and it has the chicken carcass in it as bait. This just happened, and I'll post pics in a couple of minutes. I know some of you are trappers, and I am at a loss. What would eat the guts out of a living animal?

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It eats the bird from the bottom up. Every time. and the intestines are all gone.

i.imgur.com_PLtOXKi.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

i.imgur.com_eD51chP.jpg

i.imgur.com_Sxf8Y1D.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opossum I bet.. cat goes for the head.
I set foot hold traps all around my chicken coop and got a couple cats and an opossum.

Either way you need to catch the thing and kill it..Sorry animal lovers.. some things must be eliminated.

OR take it to the pound. or 2 counties over.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I caught this cat last Thursday. But I was on the fence about it. I had been using a 35 pound cinder block to keep the door shut. It was leaning against the door. And something moved it - tilted it backwards to get in and killed two chickens. It ate their intestines. I set the cage trap up in front of the door after I put a proper bolt on it. Two mornings later I caught this large feral cat. But I do not think a cat would be able to deduce how to move a cinder block.

i.imgur.com_uc23SfK.png_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom