What is killing my chickens???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a teenager, I ate possum once. The lady had the meat wrapped in tin foil and it had been placed in the oven, like a roast. And that's what it tasted like - tender, succulent pot roast. It was very, very greasy and tender - melt in your mouth. It was gourmet and very good.
Did you see my post about watching an opossum crawl out of a dead cows *******? Lmao

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you see my post about watching an opossum crawl out of a dead cows *******? Lmao

Yes. When I ate that supper, my uncle didn't like it. He said the same thing about being able to pull them from a dead cow's rectum. I really believe this. I can tell you, they are pretty gross. They have peculiar hands, but the feet actually have a thumb. When my daughter had a possum for a pet, well, long story, but she got it hairless and about the size of a thumb. That thing - well, just gross.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had chickens get killed by other chickens that peck their ass end out.

Yeah, that's a sight to see. The chickens are always pecking red mites off each other, but let them draw blood and the feeding frenzy begins. They all start chasing after one and pretty soon all the ass feathers are gone, then they make a big enough hole and get hold of an intestine. The poor chicken with it's guts trailing out of it's back end is run to death. Before they can get all the intestines pulled out it usually dies from pure exhaustion and fear. Talk about mob mentality...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, that's a sight to see. The chickens are always pecking red mites off each other, but let them draw blood and the feeding frenzy begins. They all start chasing after one and pretty soon all the ass feathers are gone, then they make a big enough hole and get hold of an intestine. The poor chicken with it's guts trailing out of it's back end is run to death. Before they can get all the intestines pulled out it usually dies from pure exhaustion and fear. Talk about mob mentality...
Damn!

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's messed up bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Geez, brutal!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Possum hate is strong in this place...

i.imgur.com_tHIsVHL.gif

I had an issue last night with something getting Into my garage. It was already in there when the door was closed for the evening. This morning trash was everywhere, fishing rods off the rack, etc. left the door open all day thinking my the phantom critter might leave. Nope.
Just went out to the garage and surprised a possum. It ran under the freezer. I could see it through the front grill.
Not wanting to shoot a hole through the compressor, used some .22 rat shot to drive it out the back where it caught a 40 grain in the head.
S&W K-22 Masterpiece. I didn't miss. [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448517206.259263.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom