Oklahoma ranked 3rd in College Football Playoff Rankings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a ND fan and an OU fan. I think ND should be at 3 and OU at 4 or 5. ND has a ton of key players injured and are still beating people. Their starting QB is out and they manage. I don't think Iowa should be any higher than 8 or so.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU got an early Christmas present, #3 the was quite a bump. OU should beat OSU, Rudolph is banged up and questionable, JW can run but he is the only running game they have. I expect at least a 28 point win if not more. Weather could hamper the Sooners somewhat, but they could rely on their running game alone and still win in double digits. OSU will end up 10-2 and headed to the Alamo Bowl.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
28 point win???? I want some of what your smoking!!

OU got an early Christmas present, #3 the was quite a bump. OU should beat OSU, Rudolph is banged up and questionable, JW can run but he is the only running game they have. I expect at least a 28 point win if not more. Weather could hamper the Sooners somewhat, but they could rely on their running game alone and still win in double digits. OSU will end up 10-2 and headed to the Alamo Bowl.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
28 pts. Yeah mark it down. Mayfield is probably going to win the Heisman on this game. OSU is one dimensional, they have no run game, offensive line has been weak all year. That's not a opinion, that's a fact. Maybe they just had a really, really bad game against a 3rd string qb from Baylor. Does anyone think that OU is going to be easier than Baylor? Who is the better balanced team, OU or OSU?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bedlam game? I'm an OSU grad and fan and watching them play seems to take years off my life with how they continually scrape by teams they should pound. However they can win big games as well, which is nice. When they were 9-0 I think they were given the shaft by the playoff committee. Loosing to Baylor, who is a damn good team, I felt they dropped too much in the rankings considering who is ahead of them currently. At the same time I think OU is ranked a bit high considering they lost to lowly Texas. OU te to get a lot of love from the ranking committees whether it is the current system or the BCS in years past. Other teams like Ohio State being ranked so high for so long with a schedule they play is beyond me and most other rational people. Alabama will always be the golden child as most SEC teams or most of the larger collegiate programs in the Southeastern US. It comes down to a flawed system at best. Different criteria is used for different teams during the same week. College football needs an 8 team playoff to get the most equity out of the system.

I'm excited for Saturday, period. Who shows up will be the determining factor. Yeah, weather will play a roll and the advantage goes to OSU with the game in Stillwater. Not sure it makes sense but I feel that whatever team wins may not be the best team between the two.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
28 pts. Yeah mark it down. Mayfield is probably going to win the Heisman on this game. OSU is one dimensional, they have no run game, offensive line has been weak all year. That's not a opinion, that's a fact. Maybe they just had a really, really bad game against a 3rd string qb from Baylor. Does anyone think that OU is going to be easier than Baylor? Who is the better balanced team, OU or OSU?

Nope, just a different game. OU should handle OSU.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bedlam game? I'm an OSU grad and fan and watching them play seems to take years off my life with how they continually scrape by teams they should pound. However they can win big games as well, which is nice. When they were 9-0 I think they were given the shaft by the playoff committee. Loosing to Baylor, who is a damn good team, I felt they dropped too much in the rankings considering who is ahead of them currently. At the same time I think OU is ranked a bit high considering they lost to lowly Texas. OU te to get a lot of love from the ranking committees whether it is the current system or the BCS in years past. Other teams like Ohio State being ranked so high for so long with a schedule they play is beyond me and most other rational people. Alabama will always be the golden child as most SEC teams or most of the larger collegiate programs in the Southeastern US. It comes down to a flawed system at best. Different criteria is used for different teams during the same week. College football needs an 8 team playoff to get the most equity out of the system.

I'm excited for Saturday, period. Who shows up will be the determining factor. Yeah, weather will play a roll and the advantage goes to OSU with the game in Stillwater. Not sure it makes sense but I feel that whatever team wins may not be the best team between the two.

Eight team playoff would be about perfect if they **** can the playoff committee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom