Picking out a firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question for you guys. How do you pick a firearm out and know you like it if it's not possible to hold it? I got into a discussion with some people and they told me I have been lucky on buying fire arms online/researching them on line and walking into a store to buy them with out holding them.

So the question is, is my luck running out or just going off reviews and pictures I can tell if I will like it?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read articles and if I see something I like I go to gun stores and the gun shows and see if I can find one to look at. If I like it, then I look around for the best deal I can find.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of the ones I want/ blindly buy are in availible to rent. Some of the ones i can think of that I bought like that were my cz82, mosin, Lee enfield. The newer guns I have wanted I have held but ultimately bought the one I held. For some reason I feel awkward going into a gun shop and feeling up every gun in there, I go in with a plan on what I want and have cash for it.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting to feel comfortable with a firearm isn't something you get by holding it once in a gun shop... it comes through many hours of training and dry firing. Don't make the decision based on how comfortable a gun feels when your untrained hands first pick it up. Research features, reputation for reliability, etc. and get the gun that is best suited for the role you need filled... then train until it becomes like part of your body.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day you just bought'm and learned how to shoot'm. We didn't worry about it. The only thing you mighta done is put a different set of grips on. Now days people overthink things way too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom