Bret Baier (Fox News) Interview with Gov Christie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My views have evolved, I was raised without Fox News and the internet so I never heard the other side of the story. I went from "why does anyone need an assault rifle" to "why do I need a permission slip to defend myself" & "self defense is a birth right".

Christy's views have changed due to political expediency. It's not like he's become a firearms enthusiast, Trump also.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think people evolving have been a benefit of the internet and the information we can get out there.

Growing up, there was no internet. It was into my adulthood that it came about and until the last 20 years at the most, there wasn't a lot of discussion either way. People in high crime areas thought the solution was to get rid of guns, folks in the low crime areas thought differently because they didn't see the need.

Now with all the info out there. We know taking guns away from the innocent is only going to get them hurt by guns by the criminals that don't follow the law.

In my formative years, never put much thought into it, so I guess I've evolved too.

Yes, its possible to evolve.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible for views to evolve. My views on military-style semi-auto rifles in '91 differed greatly from my views on them in '88, largely thanks to a 2A advocate who took the time to educate me.

Do I believe that Christie's have? No, no more than I believed that David Duke's views had changed from when he'd been a Grand Dragon in the Klan. It's entirely possible that I'm wrong on both counts, but I just don't/didn't trust what they said or how they said it--there's just something about it that doesn't ring true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom