White Deer-Shoot or don't shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Walking out this evening I see a white doe. Looks like someone hung a deer shaped sheet in the trees.
OK, I've pondered it and don't think I could shoot one if it came by.
Opinions?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody will believe you otherwise, SHOOT IT with a camera. I wouldn't kill it it, because I don't want the publicity. I won't even post a pic of a trophy fish or trophy buck again. Been there done that.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This the third white deer I've seen but the first on my lease. There are quite a few in the Guthrie area.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy you ain't kiddin. Learned my lesson quickly on that last year.

What happened to you and bassin re trophy pics?

I'd kill a white deer if I'd kill the same deer if it was brown. Same standards. I guess I'd try to be sneaky about it on second thought. We had that stupid white deer law because some dingbat thought a piebald deer a teenage boy shot in the 90s was the spirit of her dead dad. They crucified that kid.

People are dumb. A deer is a deer.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine wasn't from posting on OSA, but gf posted it on Facebook. Wasn't even that impressive, but was taken opening day and quickly made its way around town. Within a week a gate was rammed, locks glued shut and headlights caught on game cam. People get too worked up over stupid deer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd shoot it, an get a full body mount to superglue to the hood of my white Toyota. Make it a point to drive it around the Peta convention and tree hugging liberal conventions. Screw them, its a freeking deer.

I've already posted a pic in the discussion forum of a near piebald that I killed this week. More white on that deer than any other I've ever personally seen other than in pictures.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom