Any owner opinion of the charter arms snubby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a charter 44 special revolver a while back. If their was any pressure on the cylinder while squeezing the trigger it wouldn't revolve properly. I wont own another for that reason. ruger or smith for me on wheel guns.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was stainless, don't think the finish had much to do with the quality. About 30 years ago I had a bulldog 44 special that was a great gun, but I don't think there is much relationship of the modern charter arms company and the one from 30 years ago

Just kiddin about the pink gun
Yea Ive only shot a cheaper model newer one....not near the pistol mine was
The Bulldogs are good to go

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a barrel fall off a Smith.

Edit: (Just kidding)

I had the barrel on a S&W Model 629 turn in the frame while I was shooting it! It didn't fall off because the bullets hitting the rifling tightened it into the frame!

I'm pretty much over that and still shooting Smiths.

To the subject at hand, my brother carried a Charter Arms Undercover on combat missions over Vietnam and during USMLM missions out of Potsdam. The finish deteriorated over the years, but it always worked. For his birthday about a decade ago I had it polished and Parkerized for him. He doesn't shoot it much anymore, but you couldn't get him to part with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom