Seecamp range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flash2710

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from the range this afternoon.
I took my new (milford) Seecamp 380 out for the first time. I had owned a couple 32 Seecamps before, but this was my first 380. What a monster! The 32s were not really "fun" guns to shoot, but they were ***** cats compared to the 380! The only thing that comes close is that scandium 357 J frame I had years ago. I'm keeping the gun, but just just going on record as saying this is the best example of "a gun you carry often, but shoot little" I have ever owned.
For whatever it's worth.

ADDO

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 380 Seecamp repays the use of a padded shooting glove for practice. I love mine for deep concealment carry and have shot it enough to be proficient with it, but have never wanted to use it for a range gun.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the 380s have no true sights at all like the .32?

Seecamps were the first and best of their ilk when they came out. They're not terrible, and are still superbly manufactured, but I don't think I'd ever get one.

Thanks for the report!

flash2710

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .380 is the same as the .32, the barrel is just bored to the larger size.
No sights, point and shoot.
You have to appreciate these little guns for what they are.
I broke the magazine follower in one of the mags during that session. I called Seecamp to buy a new one; they are sending me one at no charge. Good CS.

flash2710

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, just to finish this up, I decided the little 380 Seecamp was more trouble than it was worth. The minuses outweighed the pluses. I had to wear gloves and face protection to shoot it (kept flinging brass at my forehead). Another one comes and goes.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, just to finish this up, I decided the little 380 Seecamp was more trouble than it was worth. The minuses outweighed the pluses. I had to wear gloves and face protection to shoot it (kept flinging brass at my forehead). Another one comes and goes.
Are you going back to the 32acp?
I have a KT P-32 and it's not bad, not especially accurate but easy to shoot.

flash2710

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm going to add a 32acp (still have 2 380s). The same one you mentioned - the KT P-32. They're not easy to find right now. I'm done with Seecamps for now. I had one years ago and traded it off when the 380s came out, now I'm going to try to find another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom