Oklahoma City Gunsmith Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any local (in the OKC Metro area) gunsmiths that perform work on different guns and are involved in the business of fixing and repairing guns? I've been on a search for months, I've looked at the different threads, I've taken my guns to some of the recommended suggestions, and still no luck.

So I will throw this net out there again.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks a ton,

Jestik

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've taken stuff to H&H in the past.

It sounds like you have a specialized need; if you'd share that, somebody might be able to give you a better answer.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Clint Black at Black Label Armament. He can be pretty backed up at times and other time not. But he's a top notch dude.
http://blacklabelarmament.publishpath.com/
Hes on NW 10th just east of Rockwell on the N. side.

Well, not to throw shade at him, but I took your advice and took my gun to him back in November. I have a 1923 Colt Official Police that is missing the front sight and will not fire reliably. He said that the ejector rod and teeth are worn out, which prevents positive lockup, which leads to misfire. I have no doubt that the guy knows exactly what he is talking about. However, he has had my revolver over two months now, and every time I contact him, he tells me the same thing. The part is hard to find, etc. I believe him, and I trust him, I just cannot help but realize that general gunsmithing is not their bread and butter, so I wanted to try and find someone who was in the actual gunsmithing business.

But again, Clint is an upstanding guy, and I don't have any complaints about him or the way he has treated me. If I was in the market for a custom AR, I'd head his direction in a heartbeat.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, not to throw shade at him, but I took your advice and took my gun to him back in November. I have a 1923 Colt Official Police that is missing the front sight and will not fire reliably. He said that the ejector rod and teeth are worn out, which prevents positive lockup, which leads to misfire. I have no doubt that the guy knows exactly what he is talking about. However, he has had my revolver over two months now, and every time I contact him, he tells me the same thing. The part is hard to find, etc. I believe him, and I trust him, I just cannot help but realize that general gunsmithing is not their bread and butter, so I wanted to try and find someone who was in the actual gunsmithing business.

But again, Clint is an upstanding guy, and I don't have any complaints about him or the way he has treated me. If I was in the market for a custom AR, I'd head his direction in a heartbeat.
I see. And i know clint plays hell getting parts. Hes a small business and the wholesalers always put his orders on the back burner and they cater to larger orders first. That practice is killing him slowely whenever there is a rush on guns prompted by political maneuvers following a shooting. Sorry, I don't know a better option.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to leave my revolver with Black Label Armaments. They are trust-worthy and nice, and I believe that they are being honest with me, so I'm leaving that where it is.

I do however, have a FEG Hi-Power clone that "ain't quite right". Rear safety does not move, and the gun occasionally disassembles itself while firing.

Is there a gunsmith out there that can completely rework it for me and fix it's woes and get it smoothed out and up and running for me?

Latest posts

Top Bottom