Any classes around that teach you to treat shooting related wounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some friends and I are looking for a day/weekend long class that will teach you basics to treat wounds that you could see on the range, as we are going to be RO's at Run N Gun type events in the future. Proper use of IFAK and CAT style tourniquet sorta stuff. Anybody know or or offer that in the Tulsa area

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it is not in Tulsa, but I know there is a class this weekend at Badlands Tactical that is teaching exactly that. It is called "Tactical Combat Casualty Care". It is specifically teaching the wounds you might see caused by gunshots as well as severe bodily wounds(car accidents, etc.) and how to properly treat them. I went through it last year and it was a real eye opener as to how tight the tourniquet has to be as well as what are the best ways to respond to an incident. If you want some additional information about the class you can PM.
--Mech

Ps. Here is a link to their class with additional information
http://badlandstactical.org/courses/tactial-casualty-care/

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been teaching this, mostly OCONUS, the last couple of years. I'd be happy to put on a class here if there is sufficient interest. Cost depends on the number of students, scope, and duration of the class.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be interested in taking one. I believe there was one at Henry's not long ago, Tier one tactical I think was the company. I imagine they'd have another in the future

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been teaching this, mostly OCONUS, the last couple of years. I'd be happy to put on a class here if there is sufficient interest. Cost depends on the number of students, scope, and duration of the class.

I'd be interested. Would there be any prerequisites like basic first aid/CPR? It's been awhile since I've taken a first aid/CPR course.

Sheeve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just to shed some light on the topic. I have trained with tacmedic and can whole heartedly recommend training with him if at all possible. The material covered and teaching style of his courses are geared towards real world skills and tools of what a regular guy will experience in a bad situation. I cannot express enough how much your views on tactical medicine will change after the amount of ground you cover in a weekend of training with this gentleman.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to shed some light on the topic. I have trained with tacmedic and can whole heartedly recommend training with him if at all possible. The material covered and teaching style of his courses are geared towards real world skills and tools of what a regular guy will experience in a bad situation. I cannot express enough how much your views on tactical medicine will change after the amount of ground you cover in a weekend of training with this gentleman.

Thank you Sheeve! I hope I can give just a little more than I get in this world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom