Factory AR or two builds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a real life what to do scenario. Let us assume you already have a 12 gauge, 9mm pistol and 10/22 so you don’t need to worry about backfilling those essential items. You have convinced your spouse times are crazy. You both agree $1,000 of your IRS return can go to buy an AR.

Let’s also ignore ammo, secondary arms etc. for the moment and answer a single hardware question.

Would you sink it all into a single proven platform like a Colt LE6920/Sig M400/Bushmaster at ~$998 or two FBT Complete rifle kits at $424 each plus a two pack of Anderson lowers at $86. You’ll need the BUIS on the builds too.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be inclined to buy another Colt but if I had zero like the scenario above I might be more inclined to build the two.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I my self I like the thought of building two guns reather than buying just one because if you take the time you can put together two rifles that fit each person. I have my AR to how I like it to be with the stock , sights , hand guard , optic, of my choice and weight. For the wife she didnt like my set up it is to heavy she didn't like the fold down sights optic was to big and stock was to complacted. So we put a C-MORE sigth non folding sights, standerd Mag Pull stock the locks and stays in one postition. lighter barrel and both have RRA triggers. AND KEEP MY DANM HANDS OFF HER WEAPON !!!!!!!!!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Two is one, one is none.

Plus....come election time, if you decide to sell, you could make a big profit on those two rifles. 😀

IF I had the funds, I would own as many $500 AR's I could afford. There is no telling what the market will be like a year from now or if someone will be trying to push a ban through congress.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see myself ever buying a factory AR again, seeing how building them is so easy and your money goes so much farther... but for $1000, I would be more inclined to build ONE solid rifle and use the rest of the money for a halfway decent (i.e. non-Chinese) optic and mount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom