Factory AR or two builds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleBigToe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
....Or just scrap the ar's altogether and grab a pair of AK's!!!!.....at least someone will bring the thunder to the party....or is that a whole nudder thread??:popcorn:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather have two builds over one factory. I still don't understand why builds get dogged on, if I can build an ar with a nib bolt, match barrel, stock and handguard I want as opposed to a vanilla m4 with the build costing less why wouldn't you.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Builds get dogged on because it is evident that many people doing them have no clue what is involved beyond putting the parts together.

This is why asking these questions is important; "what role does the weapon serve, how often and under what circumstances do you plan to use it?
What is your experience with the platform?"

EDIT:
It isnt the build itself that gets dogged; I think most people could put together a working platform, it's that there is more to it than snapping some Legos together and calling it GTG when we are talking about a tool to rely on under hard use in a life saving role.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel you on the putting together you have to be somewhat mechanical just incase some thing happens. I had some issues with my first build but they are smoothed out now so I can see where it can be a little daunting.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy an old Winchester, Parker, fox or browning and start building a real collection since you have the functional bases covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom