Has Dave Petzal joined the ranks of D. Metcalf, J. Zumbo and other Fudd gun writers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More to the point, it doesn't matter what part of the shooting sports you are in, or if you do it just for fun, or just to be prepared, or because you can; we should ALL support ALL of them.

+1 "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately", Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence. By "hang together", to me that means that we must stand firmly/solidly together as one group and speak with one voice when it comes to the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership.

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may be surprised at the number of people that use the same modern sporting rifle for home defense and hunting. I'm one of them.
Can't stand to scratch the wood on one of the bolt guns, but have no problem throwing an M4 into the trunk for a backup, or using velcro to hang one from the cab of the tractor to take varmints. It looks like its been through a landslide, but it runs like a dream.
Modern sporting rifles are so versatile for hunting and Self Defense that its no wonder that bolt guns are being sold at rock bottom prices.
Don't like the caliber, pop a pin and put a new one on there. Gets no better than that.

That being said, I took two deer with a bolt gun this year. One with an AR platform rifle, and one with a pistol. (pics in the hunting forum)

Modern sporting rifles are just part of the mix these days.

No kidding on how they can be treated and still run great. I wish the average Joe that's never been part of DOD could see what REAL issued equipment looks like. I don't think I've EVER seen an AR for sale at a show that looked worse than the BEST one I was ever issued. All ran just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom